Hello friends and family! So, here it is! The blog that has been only a distant thought for oh, so long. I'll have to be honest... I'm nervous about the blog. Why you ask? Well, it may take a while to get this blog off the ground. Consider the following: 1) We don't have cute children to post about (let me clarify... we don't have children period... if we did they would be cute) 2) Cooking is more often a task than a hobby for me, so posts about cooking may be sparse 3) I don't have a sewing machine nor room for a sewing machine in my little apartment so no sewing DYI patterns for you 4) We don't, as of yet, have any language or culture blunders to report... although hang tight, because I assure you those stories are coming, and finally 5) Blog? I hardly post on facebook! Stephen and I both still have phones that are used for the sole purpose of phone calls! So being the non-technically gifted introvert that I am, a blog is quite the scary combo. So, there you have it. I feel better already. Now, having said all that, I do have WONDERFUL husband who I could brag about all day. Don't worry... I won't just post about him.
The purpose of this blog is to better connect with you. My favorite way of connecting is definitely face to face, preferably with a hot beverage of choice in hand (real mug or tea cup, no paper or styrofoam), out on the porch, in a coffee shop, or in a cozy living room by the fire, but the distance will make that difficult. In January Stephen and I will be moving to Africa for two years. By far the hardest thing about that will be living far from family and friend. So, although a blog will not take the place of personal emails, Skype conversations, phone calls, or visits (hint, hint.... please come visit!!!) I think it will be a good way to keep you posted on our life.
So, for those of you who don't know us, I'm an East Tennessee girl. I am daughter to amazing parents (whose anniversary was a few days ago... Happy 33rd Mom and Dad!) and I am older sister to two young women who are my nearest and dearest of friends, and an awesome brother-in-law who quickly became the same (see the links to their blogs to the left). I love social worker. I love to travel. I love refugees. I love all things crafts, art, chocolate and coffee. I love to be home.
So, for those of you who don't know us, I'm an East Tennessee girl. I am daughter to amazing parents (whose anniversary was a few days ago... Happy 33rd Mom and Dad!) and I am older sister to two young women who are my nearest and dearest of friends, and an awesome brother-in-law who quickly became the same (see the links to their blogs to the left). I love social worker. I love to travel. I love refugees. I love all things crafts, art, chocolate and coffee. I love to be home.
Stephen is a West Tennessee boy. Our family on his side consists of wonderful parents, two sisters, a brother, a sister in law, a brother in law, and the cutest one of the bunch, an 18 month old niece. Stephen attended the same university that I did for undergrad but no, we didn't know each other while there. He is MUCH older than I am. Almost a whole two years. Stephen likes to study and read, specifically non-fiction, which includes theology and medical journals. He loves coffee, iced tea and chocolate chip cookies.
I think I'll leave it at that for this first post. We want to be able to share what the Lord is doing in our lives. We want to hear what He is doing in yours. So, until next time... We love you!

Such a sweet first post! You're a gifted writer, so keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteI am all over that face-to-face visiting with a hot beverage in hand. Let's say... in a week!!! We can't wait to see you, and I love that I can now keep up with you through your blog.
ReplyDeleteYay Amy!!! Proud of you and excited to get to read more from you. Love you much!
ReplyDeleteCool blog and great pics!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you're blogging. You are a great writer...I love you're humor. Hey, come swim Monday!
ReplyDeletei love it. first post and already, 6 comments...
ReplyDeleteYay, hurrah!! I am so excited that the blogging has begun! I agree with your other commenters. You are such a talented, witty, well-spoken writer. What a great introduction! I love you both and am so excited to have this avenue through which to follow you guys!!
ReplyDeleteGreat! I found you!
ReplyDeleteI miss you Amy!! Love Andrea & Rickey!!!
ReplyDelete